Various Summits & Venues
BRICS is an acronym for the association of 5 fastest growing economies in the world. They are also seen as having large influence on regional affairs in their area.
- BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa
- 1st BRICS Summit: 2009 Yekaterinburg, Russia
- 10th BRICS Summit: 2018 Johannesburg, South Africa
- 10th BRICS Theme: “Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution”
- 11th BRICS Summit: 2019 Brazil
The G20 (or Group of Twenty) is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and European Union which was formed with the aim to discuss policy pertaining to the promotion of international financial stability.
- G20 – Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa, Argentina, Australia, Canada, the European Union, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Turkey, the UK and the US
- Purpose: Bring together systemically important industrialized and developing economies to discuss key issues in the global economy.
- 1st G20 Summit: 2008 Washington, D.C., US
- 13th G20 Summit: 2018 Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 13th G20 Theme: “Building consensus for fair and sustainable development”
- 14th G20 Summit: 2019 Osaka, Japan
- 17th G20 Summit: 2022 New Delhi, India
Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation
- BIMSTEC Countries – Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Nepal and Bhutan
- Purpose: The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an international organisation of seven nations of South Asia and South East Asia, housing 1.5 billion people and having a combined gross domestic product of $3.5 trillion (2018).
- 1st BIMSTEC Summit: 2004 Bangkok, Thailand
- 4th BIMSTEC Summit: 2018 Kathmandu, Nepal
- 4th BIMSTEC Theme: “Towards a Peaceful, Prosperous and Sustainable Bay of Bengal Region”
- 5th BIMSTEC Summit: 2019 Colombo, Sri Lanka
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
Headquarters: Kathmandu Secretary-General: Amjad Hussain B. Sial (Pak)
- SAARC Countries – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Purpose: SAARC is the regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of nations in South Asia. The organization promotes development of economic and regional integration.
- 1st SAARC Summit: 1985 Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 18th SAARC Summit: 2014 Kathmandu, Nepal
- 18th SAARC Theme: “Deeper Integration for Peace and Prosperity”
- 19th SAARC Summit: 2019 Colombo, Sri Lanka
Following the 2016 Uri terror attack, India cancelled its participation in the 19th SAARC summit, alleging Pakistan’s involvement in the terror attack.
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
Headquarters: Singapore Chairperson: Peter O'Neill (PNG)
- APEC Members – 21 Asia Pacific Countries
- Purpose: APEC was established in 1989 to further enhance economic growth and prosperity for the region and to strengthen the Asia-Pacific community.
- 1st APEC Summit: 1989 Canberra, Australia
- 30th APEC Summit: 2018 Port Moresby, PNG
- 30th APEC Theme: “Harnessing Inclusive Opportunities, Embracing the Digital Future”
- 31th APEC Summit: 2019 Puerto Varas, Chile
Organiser: South Korea-based Universal Peace Federation Supported By: Nepal Government
- Theme: “Addressing the Critical Challenges of Our Time: Interdependence, Mutual Prosperity, and Universal Values”
- Attended by the leaders from the Asia-Pacific region including India, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Pakistan and Philippines.
- Various global issues, including peace, development, good governance and role of parliamentarians, climate change and role of media was discussed.
- Former Indian Prime Minister H.D. Deve Gowda, who is representing India at the Summit, addressed the issues of terrorism and climate change as the biggest challenges of world.
Indian Joint Military Exercises with Other Countries 2018-19
Army Exercises 2018-19
|Vajra Prahar 18||US||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Hand in Hand 18||China||Chengdu, China|
|Milex 2018||BIMSTEC||Maharashtra, India|
|Nomadic Elephant XII||Mongolia||Ullanbaatar, Mongolia|
|Prabal Dostyk III||Kazakhstan||Otar Military area, Kazakhstan|
|Yudh Abhyas XIV||US||Uttarakhand, India|
|Dharma Guardian I||Japan||Mizoram, India|
|Indra X||Russia||UP, India|
Navy Exercises 2018-19
|Indra Navy 18||Russia||Visakhapatnam, AP|
|Konkan 18||UK||Goa, India|
|SIMBEX 18||Singapore||Port Blair, India|
|INDRA 18||Russia||UP, India|
|IBSAMAR VI||Brazil + SA||Simons Town, SA|
|SLINEX 18||Sri Lanka||Trincomalee, SL|
Air Force Exercises 2018-19
|AVIAINDRA II||Russia||Jodhpur, Rajasthan|
|SHINYUU Maitri 18||Japan||Agra, UP|
|Cope India 2018||US||WB, India|
Indian Joint Military Exercises among or within Navy, AF or Army
|TROPAX||Navy, AF, Army & Coast Guard||Sea Virgil, a large-scale coastal defence exercise will be the part of TROPEX.|
2018 Sunda Strait Tsunami
Officially: The Republic of Indonesia Capital: Jakarta Official Language: Indonesian President: Joko Widodo Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- Location: Sunda Strait, Indonesia
- Deaths: 250+
- Cause: Eruption of Anak Krakatau (child of Krakatau)
- Lying on the Pacific Ring of Fire, Indonesia experiences a high frequency of earthquakes and is home to 127 active volcanoes.
- As Sunda Strait connects Java and Sumatra Islands, thus they have suffered severe damages.
China in News
Country: People's Republic of China President: Xi Jinping Capital: Beijing
Internet Censorship of China
- China has the most restricted Internet censorship in the world as it has a huge variety of laws and administrative regulations.
- More than 60 Internet restrictions have been created by the government of China, which have been implemented by China’s ISPs, companies and organizations.
- The governmental authorities also keeps a close eye on the Internet access of individuals. After seeing such activities people call this blockade as “The Great Firewall of China“
- Methods Implemented to block Websites/Pages: DNS poisoning, blocking IPs, analyzing and filtering URLs, inspecting filter packets and resetting connections.
- China has “the largest recorded number of imprisoned journalists and cyber-dissidents in the world”
- Famous Blocked Websites: Gmail, Google & its products such as Maps, Docs, etc., Facebook, YouTube, Wikipedia, Twitter, Instagram, Porn Websites & Torrents.
Note: China blocks or bans not only Websites but also certain products which harms China or its leaders in any possible way.
China vs the US via Canada
- Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou (daughter of Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei) aka Sabrina Meng and Cathy Meng was arrested on December 1 in Canada, faces extradition to the United States. She has been captured on the demand of the USA in relation to the ongoing investigation.
- Although Canadian Officials have refused to give out any details regarding the detention, sources said that the case is related to the involvement of Huawei in violating the U.S. sanctions against Iran. On the other hand, Huawei has said that it complies with all applicable export control and sanctions laws and other regulations.
- This week, China has also detained Michael Kovrig, a former Canadian diplomat in Beijing. Experts say it might be a Chinese retaliation for the arrest of Wanzhou. Although China has said that the detained Canadian Worked for a group that wasn’t legally registered.
The owner of Eduonine 24. He likes to create notes and write about various things happening in the Indian Education System.