- Eligibility Criteria & Selection Process
- SSC CGL Calender 2019
- Tier 1 Exam Details
- Tier 2 Exam Details
- Tier 3 Exam Details
- Tier 4 Exam Details
- Preparation Tips for SSC CGL 2019
- Topic Wise Notes
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is an organisation under Government of India which conducts CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination for the recruitment of Grade B and C categories posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. Every year, around 30-40 lakh applications, are received for CGL Exam. Every year, a huge number of applicants appear in this exam to become the part of this immense recruitment procedure.
Candidate must be a graduate from a recognised university. The application fee is INR 100 for GEN/OBC and SC/ST/PWD/Female are exempted from application fee.
Candidates minimum age should be 18 years. The upper limit age is 30 years now for all the posts. Age relaxation will be applied only for the reserved category candidates as per the Government rule – such as OBC-3 years , SC/ST- 5 years, and PH – 10 years.
Following are the steps for filling the SSC CGL 2019 application form:
- Registration on the SSC Website
- Filling up the required details.
- Uploading the necessary documents.
- Payment of Exam Fees
- Printing the completed form after the successful application
SSC CGL Selection Process 2017
SSC CGL Selection Process consists of 3 Tiers. Each Tier acts as a qualifying stage for the next Tier. The final shortlisted candidates are gauged on the basis of cumulative performance of all the 3 Tiers.
A tier IV is also available which is a Data Skill Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). The Commission conducts it whenever applicable only for specific posts.
The SSC CGL Selection Process also has a document verification stage where the eligibility of the candidates will be counter checked along with the documents they produce.
SSC CGL Calendar 2019
|Online registration process will commence from||March, 2019|
|Last date to apply||April 2019|
|SSC CGL tier-1 Exam Date||June, 2019|
|SSC CGL tier-1 admit card Download Date||—|
|SSC CGL tier-1 Result Announcing Date||—|
|SSC CGL tier-2 Exam Date||September 2019|
|SSC CGL tier-2 admit card Download Date||—|
|SSC CGL tier-2 result announcement Date||—|
|SSC CGL tier-3 Examination Date||—|
|Date of skill test/interview/computer skill test||—|
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Details
- The overall time for CGL Tier-1 online exam is 75 minutes only
- No. of Questions in exam will be 100 only.
- There will be 25 Questions per Section.
- Negative marking in Tier-1 Exam is 0.50 marks
SSC CGL Tier 1 Pattern
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL 2019 Tier 1 Detailed Syllabus
1. General Intelligence Reasoning
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification.
- Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy.
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building.
- Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences.
- Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends.
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers.
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion.
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures.
- Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
- Democratic Politics
- Sports, Books & Author, Important people, Computer and Mobile Technology
- Animal / Plant Science, Space Science
- Dates, Portfolios, Schemes
- Diseases, environmental pollution
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Boat & Stream
- CI & SI
- LCM & HCF
- Mixture & Allegation
- Pipes & Cistern
- Problems on Ages
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Ratio & Proportion
- Speed, Distance & Time
- Time, Work & Wages
- Degree and Radian Measures, Histogram
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
- Data Interpretation
- Comprehension Passage
- Fill in the blanks
- The phrase or Idiom meaning
- Sentence Improvement / Sentence Correction / Phrase replacement
- Spelling error
- Common Error / Error Spotting
- Synonyms / Antonyms
Important Resources for English Comprehension
- Plinth To Paramount
- Previous year Questions by Kiran Publications
- Mirror of Common Errors
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Details
- Mode of Exam: – Tier – II is Computer based examination.
- The medium of Exam: – Exam will be conducted in two languages (English & Hindi).
- Duration of Exam: – Duration of Exam will be 2 hours.
- Of Questions: – 100 MCQs(Multiple Choice Questions) for Quantitative Abilities, Statistics and General Studies (Finance & Economics) and 200 MCQs(Multiple Choice Questions) for English Language & Comprehension will be mentioned in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: – For every correct answer, candidates will carry 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: – For a wrong answer 0.50 mark will be deducted for Quantitative Abilities, Statistics and General Studies (Finance & Economics) and for English Language & Comprehension 0.25 mark will be deducted.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Pattern
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
SSC CGL 2019 Tier 2 Detailed Syllabus
1. Quantitative Abilities
- Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots.
- Averages, Interest, Profit, Loss & discount.
- Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances.
- Degree & Radian Measures, Trigonometric ratio.
- Regular Right Pyramid with a triangular or square base.
- Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped.
- Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone.
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle.
- Common tangents to two or more circles.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords.
- Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres.
- Time & Work.
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary Surds.
- Speed, Time & Distance.
- Mixture and Alligation.
- Partnership Business.
2. English Language
- Comprehension Passage.
- The phrase or Idiom meaning.
- Sentence Improvement / Sentence Correction / Phrase replacement.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Spelling error.
- Common Error / Error Spotting.
- Synonyms / Antonyms.
- Active or Passive Voice.
- Conversion into Direct or Indirect narration.
- Shuffling of Sentence part.
- Cloze Passage.
- Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis.
- Measures of Dispersion.
- Probability Theory.
- Correlation and Regression.
- Sampling Theory.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions.
- Analysis of Variance.
- Statistical Inference.
- Time Series Analysis.
- Index Numbers.
4. General Studies (Finance & Economics)
- Includes Fundamental principles and the basic concept of Accounting
Part B: Economics & Governance
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role and Responsibility.
- Finance Commission-Role and functions.
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics.
- Theory of Demand and Supply.
- Theory of Production and cost.
- Forms of Market and price determination in different markets.
- Indian Economy.
- Economic Reforms in India.
- Money and Banking.
- Role of Information Technology in Governance.
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Details
This is descriptive (Hindi/English) exam with paper pen mode. (Carry total 100 Marks with 1 Hour duration)
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Details
This exam is proficiency (skill test *Wherever Applicable) & Document Verification, candidates have to show their real knowledge apart from bookish knowledge.
***Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency test only for Income tax department
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL 2019
- NCERT is a must !! Complete relevant books of NCERT of class 6 to class 12.
- Use the latest study material.
- Check the various previous year papers.
- Follow an appropriate schedule for the preparation of the exams.
- Make the short notes of the difficult subjects for the preparation
Topic Wise Notes
The owner of Eduonine 24. He likes to create notes and write about various things happening in the Indian Education System.