As you should already be knowing that this is one of the most popular, most searched and an evergreen post on this blog and on WWW as well.
I suggest you to visit CBSE Improvement FAQ’S to clear any more doubt or you may also want to know about Admit Cards or may be about CBSE 10th Improvement Rules 2015
CBSE Improvement Exam takes place succeeding year when you give class 12th board exams. The exam is same as regular board exams and you get a whole year to prepare for the improvement exam.
ABOUT CBSE 12th Board Improvement Exam
You can appear for improvement exam for any one or all of the passing subjects and not in the subjects in which you have been declared fail .
A candidate appearing for improvement exam in one or more subjects can not appear for additional subject simultaneously.
Forms will be available from July or August till October and can be collected from any Syndicate Bank branches or CBSE Regional office and you have to submit the form and fees at syndicate bank branches only list of all branches in India can be checked at the above given link.
Important Points to be noted about the CBSE Improvement Exam:
- A candidate who has passed Secondary School Examination of the Board may reappear at the examination for improvement of performance in one or more subjects in the main examination next year only and he/she cannot pursue higher studies in the mean time. They shall appear as a private candidate. Those reappearing in the whole examination, may appear as regular school candidates also. Students may appear in the failing subject(Sixth subject) at the Compartment Examination to be held in July/August the same year.
- A candidate appearing for improvement in subject(s) involving practical shall appear only in theory and previous practical marks shall be carried forward and accounted for.
- A candidate appearing for improvement of performance shall be issued only Statement of Marks reflecting the marks obtained at the improvement examination in the subject(s).
- If the candidate has passed in practical exam, he/she have to appear in the theory part only and marks in practical obtained shall be carried forward and accounted for. In case the candidate has failed in practical he/she have to appear in theory and practical both irrespective of the fact that he/she has already cleared the theory examination.
- There is NO COMPARTMENT EXAM FOR IMPROVEMENT EXAM and hence you will have to be with your new marks whatever they are low or high, however the best marks of two years are counted upon.
- Candidates who appear for improvement of performance will be issued only Statement of Marks reflecting the marks of the main examination as well as those of the improvement examination. He/she will not be provided with a new passing certificate. Cost of the CBSE Improvement Exam form is Rs.10.
There are two types of forms, one for Delhi is “DISSCE” (only for govt schools in Delhi) and one for All India is “AISSCE” (for private schools).
NOTE: One should remember carefully about the last date for filling the 12th improvement form because once missing you have no chance to improve your marks again.